This week mama is leaving town. One a jet plane. To a writing/blogging conference! This will be my 2nd year at the Declare Conference and I can't wait to learn, be inspired, worship, hear God speak, and see friends old and new.
I'm joining the Declare 4x4 link up to get to know each other a little better. Here you go...
4 Things About Me
1. I grew up a “preachers kid” and had a love/hate relationship with that status when I was a teenager.
2. I married young – 19 years old by a month! Now it’s been 16 years and I love my husband more than I did all those years ago.
3. I started playing the piano when I was in diapers – well maybe not quite that early but as long as I can remember. Although I enjoy sitting down with a Beethoven Sonata, more than anything I love worshiping my Jesus at the piano and keyboard for weekend church services.
4. I love sci-fi. While I can be a quiet introvert, bring up Star Trek or Stargate and I’ll gladly join in the conversation!
4 Of My Endearing Quirks
1. My morning coffee mug must match what I’m wearing. Don’t know why – but that’s why it’s called a quirk, right?
2. I hate the feel and sound of paper napkins – it’s like nails on chalkboard to me.
3. I count stairs. When I walk up or down stairs I’m typically counting them in my head. The ever present predicament – does step 1 count as 1 or does the floor count so step 1 is actually step 2? Again – don’t know why!
4. It drives me crazy when the couch cushions and pillows aren’t exactly in place. I fix them about 13,000 times a day. I should get over this – with 4 kids bouncing around on them all day.
4 Things About My Blog/Writing
1. While I’ve been writing for a few years now off and on I still feel like a newbie just getting started.
2. I’m quiet and panic in a crowd not knowing what to say. Writing has given me a voice I didn’t know I had and has slowly grown my confidence.
3. I mostly write about our journey with our son with Lowe Syndrome and feel called to encourage other mothers with special needs kids.
4. I hunger to learn and be inspired at Declare. I’ve been sitting on a domain and hope to launch my new site sometime this year but my direction and purpose don’t seem quite clear yet. The domain and switch to Wordpress are just sitting there waiting for me.
4 Of My Favorite Things
1. The last couple hours of my day after the kids are in bed. My hubby, the couch, a movie, the quiet. Stillness.
2. Ink Joy 300RT pens. Yes I just gave you the model number. You’ll thank me later. I’ll take one in every color please!
3. Sak Saum bags/purses…LOVE them. Just tried a pair of their earrings. I might wear them almost every day. Check them out!
4. Coffee. Anyone else super thankful the Keurig was invented?!