It's time for Simply Fit Challenge #2!
First off, how did you do with #1? Is drinking water becoming more of a habit now? I hope so! Don't stop! Increasing Water Vs. Decreasing Sugar should now be your constant goal.
Slowly we're adding to our challenges.
Step #2: Increase Clean Foods Vs. Decrease Processed Foods
Does this sound scary, impossible, and even expensive? Don't click away yet. Give me a chance!
Our grocery stores are filled with processed and chemically modified foods. Stuff our bodies do NOT handle well.
What if you tried, for the next 2 weeks, to put aside those boxed and frozen dinners and tried to eat as clean as possible. Try centering your meals around whole foods and cook your own food.
My tip? Shop the outer perimeter of the store. What do you find on the outer edges of the store? Fruits. Vegetables. Meats. Give it a try!
I'm not going to leave you flailing for how to get started. My life is filled to the minute with life, especially doctor and therapy appointments for my youngest. Quick easy meals are a MUST for me.
So here are 3 Get Started options I've got for you...
- I've created a Pinterest Board full of easy whole food ideas.
- Download this meal plan that I've used many times. It can give you a glance at ideas and how we eat when we're following a plan.
- I have TWO full month meal plans that a coach in our online accountability group put together. It's an amazing plan that includes every part of your day, what to eat, and delicious recipes. They're not easily downloadable but use the "Contact" form to the right of this post and drop me a note that says "I want the full meal plans" and I'll email them to you. They're absolutely FREE!
Remember - this is a gradual increase and decrease challenge. Make little changes in the right direction each day. You have 2 weeks before our next step!
Don't forget our previous goals...
- Make a schedule for when you'll make time for exercise. Start with just 4-5 days a week. Schedule it and make it happen!
- Find an accountability partner to join you on these little challenges. Daily exercising with my hubby and keeping track of my workouts in an accountability fitness group online has been critical for me.
Step 1: Increasing Water Vs. Decreasing Sugar
Need some ideas on how to make time for your workouts? Read my ideas HERE.
For some Beginner Fitness Tips read THIS.
Every two weeks we'll introduce a new goal to work on. Each challenge will focus on a different area to INCREASE and DECREASE. Follow along and hopefully by the time the New Year comes around you'll already be way ahead of everyone else who is trying to just begin to set their weight loss resolution goals.
Need help choosing a workout program that's right for you? Fill out the Contact Form in the right sidebar and I'd be happy to help.
Make sure you follow the Jess Newland Fitness Facebook page and my Instagram for videos & ideas throughout the challenges.