Slow cooked steak fajitas? Yes please! Lets kick your Taco Tuesday menu up a notch!
Slow Cooked Beef Fajitas
1 1/2 lbs. flank steak
2 T. soy sauce
1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
2 garlic cloves
4 bell peppers, seeded and sliced
1 onion, sliced
1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. coriander
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1. In a small bowl come the chili powder, cumin, coriander, salt, and pepper to make the spice rub.
2. Rub the spice mixture over all sides of the flank steak.
3. Place the steak in a large freezer bag.
4. Add soy sauce, jalapeño, garlic, peppers, and onions into freezer bag.
5. When ready to cook, thoroughly thaw and place in a slow cooker. Cook on high 5-6 hours or on low for 8 hours. There's no need to add any water or other liquid.
6. Thoroughly drain the meat and peppers, shred the meat, and serve with fajita toppings of your choice! I'd definitely throw on some black beans, cilantro, avocado, and fresh salsa!
I love fajita or taco day, or any day for that matter that creates an excuse to make homemade guacamole! Mmmm I love me some guac. Maybe one day I'll share our favorite homemade salsa and guacamole recipes.
**Miss any of the 31 Day recipes? Find them all HERE.**