Wednesday, October 12, 2016
Freezer Meatballs :: 31 Day of Healthy Freezer Meals
It's time for meatballs! This is a pretty large batch of meatballs but I'd still suggest doubling this recipe - you can never have too many meatballs ready and on hand for all kinds of recipes.
2 lb ground beef
2 eggs, beaten
2/3 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 cup minced carrot (about 4 carrots)
6 garlic cloves
3 tsp. red wine vinegar
3 tsp. soy sauce
2 tsp. italian seasoning
1/2 tsp. salt
Crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
1. Preheat over to 425 degrees and grease a baking sheet with olive oil.
2. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well. (Come on, mixing with your hands is required!)
3. Roll the mixture into golf ball sized meatballs and place them in rows on a baking sheet.
4. Bake 9-11 minuted or until cooked through.
5. Once they are cooled, line the meatballs on parchment paper covered baking sheets and freeze. Once the meatballs are completely frozen taken them out of the freezer and divide up into freezer bags.
We make spaghetti sauce from our garden yearly and freeze that as well. On spaghetti day, I simply pull out the meatballs and frozen sauce in the morning to thaw and heat them up for dinner! I'd serve them on fresh cooked whole grain pasta or our favorite was is on cooked spaghetti squash or zucchini noodles. Yummy!