Thursday, October 13, 2016
Grilled Teriyaki Salmon :: 31 Days of Healthy Freezer Meals
We're freezing salmon in a delicious teriyaki marinade today. My mouth is drooling as I type this recipe. Light and flaky salmon with a side of steamed broccoli, brown rice, and a fresh green salad. Okay, now I'm hungry!
Grilled Teriyaki Salmon
1/2 cup soy sauce (go for low sodium!)
1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
2 T. peeled and minced fresh ginger
2 T. toasted sesame oil
2 T. rice wine vinegar
3 garlic cloves, minced
Pinch of cayenne pepper
1 lb. fresh salmon
1. Combine marinade ingredients in a small bowl
2. Place salmon gently in a large freezer bag (or two).
3. Pour marinade over top of salmon and freeze.
4. Thaw and grill, we like to grind some fresh black pepper on it as it cooks.
5. Garnish salmon with sesame seeds and cilantro or even a lemon slice and serve!
*This is a great marinade to keep on hand for chicken, fish, etc.
** Don't wanted to freeze this meal? Just make the marinade, place the salmon in a shallow baking dish and pour the marinade on top. Let set for up to 30 minutes and then grill.
***Missed any of the 31 days of freezer meals? Head HERE.